ettitude
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude

2020 Impact Report

Comfort with a conscience
While sustainability has always been ingrained in our business, this report signals a new era for ettitude. We peel back the layers to chart our progress and set benchmarks for a more comfortable future for all.
View the 2020 report
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude

CleanBamboo™,
the fabric of our future

Cotton is known as the "fabric of our lives," but these well-crafted words hide an ugly truth.
Compared to a cotton sheet set, our signature CleanBamboo sheet set:
Saves water
Saving 8,189 gallons—
as much as 93 Americans use in a day!
Reduces emissions
Saving 25.9kg—
equivalent to driving 64.3 miles!
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude

The most resource efficient plant on earth: bamboo

Benefits
Uses minimal rain water
Cotton diverts and contaminates fresh water and is considered the largest user of water among all agricultural commodities.
Benefits
Grows organically, without chemicals
Cotton is responsible for 24% of the world’s insecticides and 11% of pesticides — more than any other crop.
Benefits
Produces little waste
70% of the bamboo we harvest is used to create fiber. The remaining 30% is composted.
Benefits
Requires less land
As a grass, bamboo grows up and regenerates again and again. Cotton covers more land and requires replanting year after year.
ettitude
ettitude

How our impact was measured

We engaged third party research group Clean Agency to analyze the product life cycle of our signature CleanBamboo.
Learn more about our moves toward total transparency.
View the 2020 report
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude

Our water-saving process

CleanBamboo is made in a non-toxic, closed-loop system. We reuse water up to 200 times, recycling 98% of it in the process.
ettitude
ettitude

Backed by global certifications on sustainability and ethics

View the 2020 report
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude
ettitude

A thoughtful supply chain starts at the source

Most things made in China are not indigenous to China, but bamboo is. Sourcing our raw materials near our manufacturing factories helps reduce travel miles and CO2 emissions from field to factory.

In 2020, we made a commitment to work only with cut and sew factories that were certified by globally recognized ethical third party auditors including BSCI, WRAP and SEDEX.

All ettitude partners must uphold our ethical and legal standards to protect people and the planet. Learn more about our Supplier Code Of Conduct here.

ettitude
ettitude

We don't just believe in reducing our impact, but also doing good

People

People

Anti-racism

As a business, we contributed $5,000 to the National Movement for Black Lives and donated $22,500 to grassroots youth program Harlem Grown.

One Girl

Eliminating gender inequality is a key step toward creating a more sustainable planet. We proudly support One Girl, a non-profit organization that harnesses the power of education to drive change for girls.

Planet

Planet

1% For The Planet

In 2020, we increased our contribution to 1% for the Planet by 5x. And we're not stopping there. In 2021, we're expanding our contribution to include sales from all ettitude products.

Bushfires

With nearly half of our team residing in Australia, the Australian bushfire crisis hit hard. We raised $7,100* for the Victorian Bushfire Appeal and Wildlife Victoria and donated over $14,000 to WIRES and WWF Australia.

Climate Neutral

We have committed to become Climate Neutral Certified for our 2020 emissions. In 2021 we will measure, offset and reduce all of the carbon it takes to make and deliver every ettitude product.

*Donation amounts in USD.

ettitude
ettitude

Building a team that reflects our values

Team

Building a team that reflects our values

Our first voluntary demographic survey revealed that our team is a global bunch with 35% of our employees self-identifying as “foreign born.” We are female-founded and led with 75% of our team reporting as female. But we have more work to do.

We’re committed to building a business that directly reflects our values by:

  • Expanding the diversity of our small team by adding at least one additional under-represented group in 2021
  • Posting job vacancies on platforms that specifically reach diverse communities
  • Hosting 1 DEI education event per quarter in 2021
  • Representing diversity in race, age, shape and size in our casting
  • Amplifying diverse voices through partnership with BIPOC nonprofits, brands, thought leaders and influencers

Learn more about our diversity, inclusion and equity efforts in our full report.

View the 2020 report